Servers fail. Hard drives die. Laptops are lost or stolen. Can your dental practice afford the loss of critical patient or financial data?
Unfortunately, there are a multitude of ways for dental practices to lose data, the most common being hardware failures or theft. When data loss occurs on critical workstations or servers, your practice grinds to a halt, and expensive downtime begins.
dmi Networking’s backup solution encrypts your data before it is uploaded to the cloud. Not only does this procedure ensure HIPAA compliance, but it means that nobody besides you and your account manager can decrypt the data.
We perform incremental backups and encryption on all files, including open files such as Exchange, SQL Databases, Oracle, and other server applications.
We monitor the success of your backup in real-time, with failures generating an alert for our techs to address any failed backup warnings.
Our backup service is highly customizable, and can be set to occur at any frequency from once a week, to every 15 minutes. Since backups are performed incrementally, only the changes to files are uploaded, thus decreasing the amount of bandwidth needed as compared to some of the largest companies in the industry. Additionally, bandwidth usage can be throttled during business hours so that there is no perceived impact on your internal bandwidth.
Some of the features of dmi Networking’s encrypted cloud backup are:
- Automated file-level backups of servers, workstations, NAS devices, and more
- HIPAA-compliant encryption before uploading to the cloud
- Custom schedule backups enabling multiple backups per day
- Incremental-only backups, so that only the changes are transmitted via upload
- Historical versioning and deleted file retention
- Current version restores, as well as point-in-time restores in case of save-overs
- SQL databases such as Dentrix G5, Patterson Imaging, and other open-database applications
- Fully monitored backup, with failures creating a call-ticket for our helpdesk call queue
With dmi Networking’s encrypted cloud backup solution, your critical data is securely stored on a worldwide network of servers, reducing the risk of data loss to virtually zero, and giving you peace of mind that your data is safely guarded against any data loss that may result in loss of production.